|These rainbow cupcakes rock!|
|A double rainbow of rainbow cupcakes!! Wizard of Oz cupcakes . . .|
|A Double "Rainbow Cupcake" Rainbow!|
Want to make the rainbow cupcake recipe yourself?
How to Make Rainbow Cupcakes
Makes 10-12 large cupcakes
- Choose any white cake mix from the store.
- Prepare the batter according to the directions on the back of the box, except substitute 1/2 cup the liquid called for on the back of the box for sour cream so that the batter will be thick enough to support each color layer.
- Divide the white cake batter equally into 6 clear plastic cups and add food coloring to each. Use gel food coloring, which is more vibrant than liquid food coloring.
- Add cupcake liners to 10-12 cups of your cupcake pan. Spoon the first cup of colored batter equally among the lined cups. Repeat with the remaining cups. When I did this, about a spoonful from each cup went into each cupcake paper.
- Bake as directed, but watch closely, they may take longer (5-10 min) than the box suggests, because I'm directing you to add extra batter to each. The extra batter helps the cupcakes dome up into an attractive muffin shape.
Best of luck with your own rainbow cupcake recipe!
"It's almost . . . a TRIPLE rainbow,"